The Counsellors and Medical Social Workers (MSW) in Assisi Hospice journey with patients in their time of need to support them and to enhance their quality of life. Their assistance extends to the families in easing the burdens of household needs, schooling and making known their loved one’s hopes and wishes, as well as, preparing families for the impending loss. The Psychosocial Support Service supports patients and families across all services. Areas of Support:
- We provide and facilitate socio-economic evaluations to help you and your families address your practical concerns, such as financial matters, which are often an issue at the end of life.
- On-going individual and family counselling through face-to-face session or home visitations in order to help you navigate your personal and ethical dilemmas, cultural conflicts and issue relating to religion, spirituality and the meaning of life.
- Work with the broader community which includes educational, religious and social service organizations so that you can achieve your optimal end of life goals.
- Prepare you and your families for the end-of-life stage and managing the life closure and the dying process.
- After the patient’s death, we provide bereavement information, education and support to help the deceased patient’s families cope with their grief and loss.