Reporting to the Consultant Physician, you will be responsible for the service of palliative care to patients and their families in the hospice home care, day care and inpatient hospice settings as part of an interdisciplinary specialist palliative care team.
- Assesses and identifies needs of patients and families on admission to any of the services and during regular review.
- Participates in after hours on-call coverage as per rota.
- Performs clinical procedures where is appropriate.
- Documents accurately the assessment of patient and family, goals and plan of care, treatment evaluations and reviews.
- Provides orientation for new doctors on attachment.
- Participates in educational activities such as Journal Club and tutorials.
- Participates in guiding medical students and other visitors on attachment to Assisi Hospice.
- Provides briefing and/or debriefing for medical students on attachment.
- Facilitates access to appropriate supportive care services together with the interdisciplinary team.
- Participates in Quality Improvement and/or Research activities on an ad hoc basis.
- Basic medical qualification recognized by the Singapore Medical Council (SMC).
- Maintained CME requirements and in good standing with SMC.
- At least 2 years of medical practice in the hospital or community, of which one year should be in acute medicine with on-call experience.
- Work experience in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Oncology, Geriatrics or other related specialties would be advantageous.