The security of your personal data is important to us at Assisi Hospice (AH). AH is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
- Personal Data
This policy describes how AH collects, uses, discloses and manages your personal data, which includes your name, contact details, residential address, date of birth, identification card number/passport details, medical records and financial information provided by you or your next of kin (your “Personal Data”). This policy applies to all individuals whose Personal Data is in AH’s possession or under AH’s control.
Please read this policy carefully to understand AH’s views and practices regarding your Personal Data.
- Purpose for which AH may collect or use your personal data
- Your Personal Data will be collected when you present yourself for medical examination or treatment; when you volunteer at AH and / or when you donate to AH.
- As a healthcare institution, AH is required to share relevant data and participate in national and multi-agency efforts to review healthcare policies and requirements and also to ensure patient safety and improve the quality of healthcare services. In this regard, AH may be required by the Ministry of Health (MOH), Agency for Integrated Care (AIC) and other governmental agencies to disclose your Personal Data
- By voluntarily providing your Personal Data in order to obtain hospice care or to become a volunteer at AH, and / or when you donate to AH you will be deemed to have given your consent to the collection, use, disclosure and processing of such Personal Data by AH for the abovementioned purposes, including referrals to other healthcare professionals and institutions, and also other associated administrative purposes.
AH takes patient confidentiality seriously and will put in place reasonable security arrangements to prevent unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, or disposal of your Personal Data.
- Your rights
Under the Personal Data Protection Act (2012), you have the right, subject to applicable laws:
- to request to be provided with your Personal Data that is in AH’s possession. AH will provide you with such Personal Data within a reasonable time after AH receives your request. A fee may be charged for processing the request;
- to request to be provided with information about the ways in which your Personal Data may have been used or disclosed by AH within a year before the date of the request. AH will provide you with such information within a reasonable time after AH receives your request. A fee may be charged for processing the request;
- to request for AH to correct an error or omission in your Personal Data that is in AH’s possession;
- to withdraw your consent for the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Data in AH’s possession by giving reasonable notice to us. AH is obliged to evaluate and process your request. However, you should note that your withdrawal of consent for patient’s data will affect the medical care and services you would receive from AH or other healthcare institutions.
Requests for Personal Data, information on Personal Data, correction of Personal Data and withdrawal of consent as mentioned above should be sent to AH’s Personal Data Protection Officer using the contact details set out below.
- Retention of your Personal Data
AH will periodically review the personal data collected by us to determine if that data is still needed. Your personal data will be retained only as long as the purpose for which it was collected remains and until it is no longer necessary for any other legal and/or business purposes.
- Changes to Policy
- Feedback and Queries
If you have any feedback or queries in relation to the protection of your personal data, you may also write to our Personal Data Protection Officer. AH will look into your feedback or queries, and will provide you with a response within three (3) working days.
- Data Protection Officer
Should you have any queries and concerns relating to your Personal Data that is in AH’s possession, please direct these to AH’s appointed Data Protection Officer. The Data Protection Officer can be contacted at Assisi Hospice, 832 Thomson Road, Singapore 574627, Tel: 6832 2842, email firstname.lastname@example.org.